2,500 distinguished students recognized nationwide
Redmond, Wash. – The National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) announced today that five Lake Washington School District students will receive National Merit $2500 Scholarships:
· Cameron Akker (Sammamish), Redmond High School
· Ryan Holmdahl (Redmond), Eastlake High School
· Samhita Karnati (Sammamish), Redmond High School
· James McCutcheon (Sammamish), Eastlake High School
· Anwell Wang (Sammamish), International Community School
These students are five of the 2,500 distinguished high school seniors nationwide to win this scholarship. They were selected from a talent pool of more than 15,000 outstanding Finalists in the 2014 National Merit Scholarship Program. Fifty students were selected statewide for these awards.
National Merit $2500 Scholarship winners are the Finalists in each state judged to have the strongest combination of accomplishments, skills, and potential for success in rigorous college studies. A committee of college admissions officers and high school counselors selected these students as Scholarship winners. These Scholars may use their awards at any regionally accredited U.S. college or university.