|image grabbed from Internet|
1. Willows Preparatory School is planning to build a 48,000 square foot facility on the old Thenos ice cream site just north of the glassed Washington Cathedral building. A dormitory to house 40 students is part of the project. The project will have a capacity for at least 100 students. Traffic will certainly be an issue on Red-Wood Road. Work probably won't begin until 2017.
2. A new water line on Education Hill near Nike Park will be installed in early 2017. It will be very disruptive to the surrounding neighbors and the city is already noticing the residents. The new pipe line will increase water pressure for the Fire Department.
3. A one mile extension to the downtown Central Connector trail is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
4. Sad to hear,but starting next Spring the Frankie's Pizza mall will be demolished to build Anderson Park Hotel. The six-story hotel will have 177 rooms with under-ground and surface parking.
5. In response to a question by Council Member Hank Myers: peat soil removed from the Downtown Park construction site will be recycled by the contractor to build new soils. (No, it won't be screened for Indian artifacts :)
6. A three-story, 90,000 SF storage facility will be built just south of our new Costco.
7. 876 dwelling units are under construction in the "Downtown neighborhood" as we speak.
And the beat goes on....