Sunday, July 12, 2009

Derby Days was Delightful - the survey says so!

Updated: The City of Redmond LOVES to survey the neighborhoods on their various projects. So, I decided it was about time the neighborhoods took their own survey of the City's Derby Days Summer Festival! So far only one citizen [moi] has taken the survey. Here goes:

1) Did you like the Festival? Awesome. Lots of community pride. This is the first time my family has attended from start to finish .

2) What was your favorite part? Many: - renewing friendships at the Beer Garden, - evening dancing with my wife to a coool band, the Beatnicks, - parading for the Green Team with my family, - seeing my neighbor in the Criterion race, - recruiting forestry volunteers at the Cascade Conservancy booth, and - laying on the lawn watching fireworks with neighbors from all over the world.

3) What was most meaningful to you about the festival? Being with my family and participating in the events. Watching my daughter lead the Green Team.

4) What was your favorite booth? The Cascade Conservancy GreenRedmond booth #38. People learned about the invasive plants in our Parks, volunteers signed up for the Hartman Greenbelt work party & more. I got to show off my foot-long Himalayan blackberry root. (no it's not edible).

5) What was the largest booth? City of Redmond's "Economic Development" booth. A nice lady walked me though the "Wanted - Redmond residents to bike & walk downtown" poster. It's really coool. http://www.gortrip.com/ . I'm going to walk it with my wife. I saw a map of the The Cleveland Ave. sewer line construction project. It's going to be a 'stink'n traffic mess'.

6) What was most unique and special about Derby Days? Mingling with Redmond citizens from across the world. It was truly an international experience.

7) What suggestions do you have for improving Derby Days? Please don't combine the kid's parade with the Big Parade! Anyone could tell you why. And, the festival is a little spread out with the carnival so far away. Would the RAC rent out parking?

8) What could the neighborhood do to improve this survey? If this survey is less than 12 questions you are doing well. Most city surveys are way too long. Ask about presence (or absence) of staff at booths.

9) Do you have any other comments? Yes, I hope others will take this survey by commenting below or emailing redmondblog@gmail.com . The results will be sent to the City Clerk.

THANK YOU!
- from: "The Neighborhoods of Redmond, WA."

posted in my FaceBook

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED