Friday, November 9, 2007

12/04/06, Avondale Crest PRD land use - poor planning


12/4/06 Avondale Crest land use - poor planning
Dear friends & neighbors,
I've decided to withdraw my appeal of Avondale Crest SP. Extensive research of the file, multiple meetings with traffic and stormwater city planners, and input from the Dept. of Ecology is proof enough to me the City is "meeting standards". I am withdrawing my appeal after one last communication with the Dept. Of Ecology today. Thank you for your willingness to support me as co-appealant.
The Public Meeting for the PRD is still on for Dec. 11, 7 pm. I won't be attending unless something big comes out of the D.O.E. I think Miguel said it best. To be successfull in stopping irrational developments we need to allocate our energy with the Planning Commission on solving the root problems.
It seems once an permit application is under Review it is all but guaranteed in Redmond, perhaps with minor adjustments. In the case of Avondale Crest, one individual's $165,000 investment will create havoc on the safety, welfare, and quality of life of many, many Redmond residents. Road safety, traffic congestion, wellhead water quality, in-stream habitat, fire safety, deforestation and landslide issues rise up from a misplaced 9-home project.
The land was zoned for 3-homes for a reason. We must ask the Planning Commission and Council to put a stop to these sensitive & poorly planned Short Plat PRD's approved for their density alone.
The below string of emails with Ecology is self-explanatory.
Best regards,
Bob Yoder
----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Yoder
To: Abbasi, Ed (ECY) , Dept. of Ecology
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 8:14 AM
Subject: Re: follow-up with Mr. Dendy, City of Redmond
Thank you, Mr. Abbasi. I look forward to your feedback from Mr. Dendy. I will proceed with an inspection of the inlets to the bio-swale to make sure water is flowing out of the Avondale pipe. Should you conclude all is well and good I will terminate my appeal to save all parties time and money. Thank your support on this project and I look forward to your feedback from Mr. Dendy today or tomorrow. He should be in today.
Regards,
Bob Yoder

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED