Friday, January 15, 2021

Un-named City Trail Is A Gem


One of the great things about Redmond is its neighborhood trails!  Lately I've been extremely stressed by the insurrection, pandemic and my personal health care issues.  Hiking on this forested trail, and others, is my "best personal practice" for dealing with stress and improving my mental health.  

 I was on a trail today leading me to this forest. Highly recommended -  birds flitting in thickets, no bikes, few hikers, greenery - a gem.  It's a mile or so.  The trailhead is at 104th / flashing crosswalk. It first parallels the western fencing of Redmond High School.  The forest  thickens as you approach the Emerald Heights western fencing.  Buffered residential properties are on the West.  

About two days ago we had blustery rain storm that dropped a tree on the trail; I had to turn back.  (I was surprised the trail was in Redmond's jurisdiction.)  Had it not been obstructed one can hike to the street, take  about 60 steps up the hill, then jag off the street to the trail on the right. The trail ends at 111th Street.  From there I walk to 166th and home.  

The trail is still closed owing to tree removal.  - 1/29/2021. It's taped off at 104th now too. 

Happy hiking!  Bob Yoder, 1/15/2021


2 comments:

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED