Mr. Shutz's and Mr. Fields' "Vision Statements" were harvested from their Candidate Websites and City Candidate videos.
Byron Shutz's Vision: "Redmond's Mayor and City Council continue to lay the ground work for Redmond's next 100 years, and beyond. My email byline reads:
Redmond -- a great place to live, work, and play for over 10,000 years -- all true, and keeping the long view in mind --the archaeological site on Bear Creek dates to over 10,000 years ago."
As your Council member, I'll continue to work City aims to:
- Serve each resident and visitor with respect, dignity, and trust.
- Collaborate regionally on all municipal issues, and continue my focus on strengthening ongoing human service infrastructures for every resident.
- Improve connections to area transportation and transit infrastructures - lightrail arrives in Overlake 2023 and Downtown in 2024.
- Connect our residents and businesses with regional aspirations and expectations.
- Facilitate transparency and continual improvement in collaboration among city, county and state services.
-- Byron Shutz's Candidate Website
Steve Fields' Vision: "Build Community, not Just Buildings."
Promote a Smart and Sharing City