Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Osama Hamdan, Position 2, Representing a Diverse Redmond on Five Key Issues is Endorsed Steve Fields

Osama Hamdan
Coming to the US as a refugee with my 
parents at the age of 7, I have had all the opportunities of the American dream. My father always instilled in his children that hard work is the way we can achieve that dream. He started his first job as a janitor in a hospital outside Detroit, eventually getting a job on the Ford assembly line and ultimately opening his own business. His goal was to provide for his family which led to my college education and me joining Microsoft more than 20 years ago. 

I moved to Redmond because I believed it would provide the best experience for my family. My oldest boys have grown up playing baseball on the RedWest Little League and now are both on the Redmond High School Mustangs Football team. My daughter plays on the Redmond Girl Select Basketball team. These experiences have helped my kids build a strong sense of community. They are not just players on a team, but are part of a team that cares for each other. These are the same experiences I want for all our residents. 


Throughout my life I have built a passion for identifying and solving problems. From when I worked for my father in his business to building and running strong teams at Microsoft. I pride myself on understanding the issues from different perspectives and coming up with solid long-term solutions.


Today, Redmond is a great place to live, but we can’t take it for granted. We are at a key turning point and how we manage through the challenges we face will define the Redmond of the future. Traffic and other pressures are only getting worse and we need to do better at solving those problems. Redmond is the kind of community my father dreamed about when he came to America. It has opportunity for everyone and offers a lifestyle where we can raise our families and enjoy our community. Those are the values we all share in Redmond, and with my background and experience, I will work to build a community that lives up to those values.  


ISSUES:  


Fiscal Responsibility:  We need to prioritize spending based on projects that our residents find value and improve our quality of life. 


Homelessness:  We need to work with the King county and neighboring cities to ensure we address growing the homelessness problem. This is a regional problem, but we need to be part of the solution.

Downtown Park: Having a place for residents to gather is great, but we need to ensure that costs do not increase and need to ensure that pedestrian safety is not impacted due to increasing traffic we have today.

Downtown Construction: We have too many projects approved at the same time. We need to better manage the projects we approve so we understand the impact they have on existing projects and traffic.

Transportation: Mass transit is a must and we need to build it now, we have spent too long planning and not enough time doing. Now is the time to ensure we build a system that will address our growing city.

SOURCE: FACEBOOK (No Website)

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED