Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Soulfood Book Store - "the heart and soul of Redmond's rising musical and literary artists".

Commissioner Clint McCune and some elementary kids sang "I am Alive" in Council Chambers at the beginning of a Council meeting last Tuesday. I think this is a first! and a feather in the cap for the City! Scroll down to the next story for details. I'm reposting a video clip of the kids singing with Clint and will post websites of Redmond musicians and poets as I learn of them.

Hey Bob -

I just wanted to thank you for all the work you do for our neighborhood. Also, about the kids, they all go to different schools and some of them aren't even in a music class. However, they all gather at Soulfood and play together. [see clip of kids singing with Clint below]

The song we performed was an original of mine called "I am Alive". We only rehearsed all together once the evening of the performance, but they all knew the song from listening to my bands album TWIRL
"hope hum stomp strum" and hearing us live on the first Friday of every month. I would also like to invite you to this month's TWIRL show on July 3rd at 8-10pm. Also, we are streaming live all of our big shows and events through soulfood books.com so check it out and help us spread the word.

--Clint McCune, owner of Soulfood Books, Music, and Organic Coffee
"...the heart and soul of Redmond's rising musicians and literary artists"

Soulfood - Redmond's comprehensive website




"I am Alive" (clip)
..as performed in City Council chambers during this week's council meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED