Monday, June 8, 2009

Councilmember Allen to campaign and train

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact:
Kimberly Allen
16804 NE 92 St.
Redmond, WA 98052
425-894-8237
kim@kimonthecouncil.com

Councilmember Allen to campaign and train
Councilmember Kim Allen welcomes the chance to hit the campaign trail and meet as many Redmond residents as she can. Allen remarked:“I think those of us who hold public office should have to explain what we have accomplished and why we should be returned for another term. I welcome the debate.
This fall is especially exciting for me because of 2 big events: The election and my first Seattle Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk with a team from the Redmond Police Department. The team is named ‘Cops For The Cure’ and I am privileged to be a part of such a great group of people walking for such a great cause. The walk is 60 miles over the course of 3 days. My teammates who have done the walk before recommend training by walking Redmond’s hilly neighborhoods so I am going to combine my training with campaigning this summer, as I get out to talk to folks. My longest walk so far was 7 miles but I hope to stretch that to 10 or 12 miles before the big day.”
For more information on the campaign, go to http://www.kimonthecouncil.com/.
The website for Cops For The Cure is www.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/SeattleEvent?pg=team&fr_id=1300&team_id=51350.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED