Wednesday, May 7, 2008

An act of sportsmanship in Washington State heard round the world!


A 2 minute video is posted HERE.
By the time you read this incredible story, it will have probably been on national news. The above photo of heroic Central Washington University softball players speaks for itself. For the complete story read the article in The Oregonian, 4/30/08. (patience)
My neighbor Larry told me about this tear-jerker this afternoon. I couldn't believe it. My heart melted and eyes moistened as he told the story. It's about sportsmanship. It's in the New York Times and hundreds of blogs across the country.
If you look at the list of sports teams on my blog in Redmond (see sidebar) it's clear many, many Redmond players and coaches will by touched by this story. Just think how many times Redmond coaches and parents try to instill "good sportsmanship" and character in their children. Now, they have it!
I know two Redmond basketball coaches who went to Central Washington University. Mustang Girls Basketball Coach and FLIGHT President, Dennis Edwards played football under Central's present softball coach Gary Frederick. My daughter's FLIGHT coach, Jenny Jammerman played at Central, too. Do you know anyone?
Websites:

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED