Friday, March 7, 2008

Blog Purpose, 2008

With the important mayoral and council elections over I've been thinking about where to direct my attention next with this blog. Mayor Marchione has been in office for over 60 days and he seems to to have gotten off to quite a good start. Thus, mayoral public relations are no longer called for from this keyboard. The mayor is an excellent administrator (the primary reason I campaigned for him) so, I'm confident his staff is soon up and running. Recently, the mayor completed land use public notice improvements that were initiated by ex-Councilman John Resha. Though, nothing was codified some of the improvements are significant. Thus, at this point I see no purpose in echoing Notices the city gives for land use. (I will amplify and enrich city event notices.) If the city errs or misleads on land use notices (or other areas) and I am informed, I may scrutinize the issue with the public and to bring clarity, transparency and/or reform.

Scrutiny of Redmond city government still remains the keystone of this blog. Neighbors have told me repeatedly they are happy "someone is watching" the city. Connecting and engaging city officials with citizens is the central purpose of this blog. "Together we make Redmond Better." A third purpose has come to the fore recently. I call it "The Big Sell." The Redmond Blog has a unique ability to accurately deliver multi-media messages to layered decision-makers to influence outcomes. Entertaining stories and features encourage readers to come back and to keep sharing this blog with others. And lastly, I advocate.

I'm a community volunteer. I do the best job I can, time permitting. Presently, I'm looking for work and some day soon I won't have endless hours to wile away at my favorite hobby!

It's important this blog keeps current and interesting and reaches out to a broader audience. Sports, cultural, environmental, land use, commerce and other Redmond topics are important to citizens and to the value of this blog. Once I start work, I won't have the time to write up these events. Thus, I'm launching a "team blog" of co-authors, to take the Redmond Neighborhood Blog to the next level of communication within our neighborhoods!



Stay tuned! And, don't forget to tell your friends to google "redmond blog" for the latest alternative neighborhood news!



If you would like to learn about how to be a co-author please email: redmondblog@gmail.com . I'm open to your job ideas, too!


All the best,

Bob Yoder
Education Hill
Redmond, WA. 98052

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED