Monday, April 7, 2008

3rd Annual Giant Indoor Garage Sale


I don't know about you, but I have a lot of junk in my house. Stuff in my garage, like the 6 bikes, 8 sand shovels (I'm not even going to try to count the rakes, buckets, bubble toys, floaties, dump trucks , etc) and 11 pairs of gardening gloves I seem to collect on sale every fall, are just a few of the things. I've now got too big of a headache looking at stuff to try to count the pots for the flowers that I can never seem to plant in the spring or the bird feeders that I can't seem to fill in the winter. And should we talk about the tools that people give us that they don't want anymore and we'll someday fix? And okay, if you're going to force me to think about it, let's go inside and look at my clutter there. How about the boxes of baby clothes that I'm still holding onto (just in case I can talk my husband into having a fourth child) or the scrapbooking supplies for that rainy day to create masterpieces that my girls will show their own kid’s?

Who am I fooling? I can't seem to have enough time or energy to really do all the stuff I need to do with all the stuff that is taking over my home. Which is why the Indoor Garage Sale (April 12th, 9am to 1pm) that will be held at the Redmond Community Center is perfect for people like me. Those moms that just need to show up with our junk...oops, I mean treasures, which are taking over our homes. The best part? For only $15, I don't have to give up a whole weekend to covering up the parts of the garage that aren't for sale, wake up at 6am to set up the driveway or have total strangers ask to use my bathroom. I can show up with whatever I need to pass on to others that can use it.

The worst part of the garage sale? Resisting the urge to visit the other tables to buy more "treasures" that I can fill my home with since now I'll have so much space!

Check out this link to clear up your home:
3rd Annual Giant Indoor Garage Sale


Kay Tarapolsi, Overlake Neighborhood

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED