Friday, May 19, 2023

"Civic Genius," working to overcome polarization and strengthen civic culture

Hi Bob (and community-at-large);

I’m the executive director of Civic Genius, a national nonpartisan organization working to overcome political polarization and strengthen civic culture. I live just outside of Redmond (unincorporated King County) and am an appreciative reader of your blog.

I wanted to reach out because Civic Genius runs a grassroots deliberative democracy program which we are planning to bring to the East Side in July. The program brings Americans from across the political spectrum together to develop solutions and take action on pressing issues. We also offer a bunch of nuts-and-bolts civic education content and online events, as well as long-term skill-building and support for people who want to ramp up their engagement.


I would love to find some time to tell you more about this initiative and get your thoughts on how it can be most valuable to the community. Let me know if you're ever free for a coffee or a Zoom!


Best,

Jillian Youngblood


Civic Genius is an exciting opportunity to strengthen our democracy. I will be calling Jillian next week. If any of you are interested in a coffee with her please email me at redmondblog@gmail.com. Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED