Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Vote Katie Grainger For "EvergreenHealth" Public Health Hospital Commissioner District No. 4

Katie Grainger lost to Chuck Pilcher

Commissioners are elected to 6-year terms The incumbent has been at EvergreenHealth for 47 years.  Is that long enough?  We need a leader with a fresh perspective, who's a good listener and a community neighbor who will reach out to us!  Vote for Katie.

Katie Grainger is endorsed by the LD 48 Democrats and the National Women's Political Caucus of Washington state.


Katie Grainger

Nice to meet you. I'm Katie Grainger. I'm the first in my family to do many things and that now includes running for office. 


I never thought I'd have the courage to do something like this, but then I was diagnosed at 28 with an autoimmune disease. I lost my best friend at 30 to a rare cancer. I developed a rare renal condition at 31. Since then, I've served as a volunteer ambassador for the Sjogren's Foundation, and I've lobbied on behalf of the Sarcoma Foundation of America. 


All of these experiences motivated me to work in healthcare. Having worked in clinical care operations for the third-largest non-profit health system in the United States, I see both the challenges facing healthcare and possibilities for reform. 


I know firsthand the struggles of navigating a system that is not always affordable or accessible. I continue to be an advocate for health by promoting awareness for autoimmune diseases and fundraising for cancer research. I don't need to be the medical expert in the room to provide governance that positively impacts my community. 


I intend to help make healthcare better for all Americans and that starts with impacting decisions made at the local level as Public Hospital (EvergreenHealth) Commissioner for District 2. 


Incumbent Chuck Pilcher, District #4 retired in 2010 after 36 years of service in the Emergency Department at EvergreenHealth.  We've discussed mental health at Public Meetings several times. He's numb to psychiatric care services. Sadly, there are no full time community psychiatrists or Advanced Nurse Practitioners at Evergreen, this at a time when we need them the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED