Thursday, July 8, 2021

Council Member Forsythe Encourages Mask Wearing At Council Meetings

Council Member Jessica Forsythe

"I chose to wear a mask at the first in-person meeting in response to the many seniors who have shared with me their desire for a masked safe space. I personally know many in our community who are unable to get the vaccine due to various heath complications. Additionally, I am still concerned for those 12 and under who are not yet eligible for the vaccine. 

I will continue to wear a mask at future Regular Business meetings and hope my fellow Council Members will join me. 

Helping to protect community members is not an inconvenience it’s an honor."

Thank you,
Council Member Forsythe 

7/8/2021

3 comments:

  1. I hope to go to the meeting on July 20 when they are voting on the new senior / community center. We plan to wear masks even though we are fully vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed!!
    I will continue to wear a mask everywhere indoors until it is as safe as possible for those who are not vaccinated for whatever reason. Children under 12 are not protected, those with compromised immune systems and other health problems may not be able to vaccinate and there are those who won't. I would never put someone in danger so will continue wearing masks until the danger has passed. As a world, we are all in this together and we need to look out for each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find solace in herd immunity...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED