Saturday, June 5, 2021

Redmond Is Juiced On LIME Scooters

double click to enlarge

This picture shows two positives:  1) The scooters are parked next to a wayfinding sign [they need updating] and 2)  Looking closely, you'll see two new, modernized scooters. They are much more inviting than the scuffed LIMES handed down from Seattle.  They look and probably are safer.  I'm 70 with lousy balance yet might even jump on a new one were it not for the sidewalk issues. Oh, and I need a helmet.  

I didn't understand why the City permitted LIME so early when light rail is three years away.  But, now may be a good time to test scooters for usage on the major trails and downtown sidewalks and streets.  LIME is trying to condition and educate us; and to date, it appears few have learned.  

The program looks like a flop; patience is required. I hope to see many more scooters on the roads. I'm confident the City can make a success of it with the right education.  At least LIME is paying for it -- I hope.  

-- Bob Yoder
    6/5/2021
    Photo:  Yoder

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED