Monday, October 19, 2015

OPINION: The PTSA School Board Forum was illuminating -- Watch it here before you vote!

Here's the LWSD School Board video.    http://www.lwptsa.net/school-board-candidate-forum/.

I went into the Forum leaning towards the challengers because I felt the incumbents were in there long enough and were going no where with passing the Bonds.  

I left the Forum deciding to vote for the incumbents -- Jackie Pendergrass and Chris Carlson.  Please watch the Forum and decide for yourselves.

If it makes any difference to you, Chris Carlson was endorsed by the Seattle Times.

I almost decided to vote for Tepper.  I liked his refreshing delivery, passion for passing the bond and commitment to the District.  I just found him hyper-focused on the Bond issue.  I really did like his answer to:  "should the Administration have a CFO"?  Carlson harshly dismissed it with humor.  Tepper nailed it with a strong argument for transparency. Posthumous is no CFO.  If she is, the Admin. should give her the title.  I found Chris Carlson wordy but he demonstrated greater substance on all the issues of the District.  

It was a shame President Pendergrass couldn't be there for the Forum.  But I found her challenger's responses were way too brief and shallow.  Even though Eric Laliberte is the Chair of Kirkland's Planning Commission he appeared too green for the school board job.  

Opinion by Bob Yoder













No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED