Friday, August 16, 2013

Community news site Patch pulls plug in Washington State

An article in Geekwire and the Seattle Times reported today that hyperlocal community news site PATCH is laying off 500 staff and pulling the plug on all PATCH sites in Washington State.   Redmond Patch, Kirkland Patch, Edmonds Patch are a few of the sites that will be discontinued.

To read the Geekwire article click this link:
http://www.geekwire.com/2013/community-news-site-patch-pulls-plug-washington-state-lays-staffers/

Reported by Bob Yoder

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a shame. I like the Redmond Patch.

So, Bob, does that mean you'll be expanding your news coverage to fill the void left by the Patch? ;-)

-GardenMom

Bob Yoder said...

Yes, Patch will be missed as they provided a valuable service to the community. Caitlin did an excellent job as the community editor. I hope she lands on her feet in a job of her choosing.

I will continue this blog as best I can and count on readers to spread the word about it since I no longer send out email alerts and don't advertise. I write/compile the stories as a hobby now. Thanks for asking. Bob