Thursday, September 13, 2012

LETTER: President Pendergrass appreciates Dr. Pierce's efforts to ensure all voices are heard at Rosa Parks

LETTER:  As president of the Lake Washington School District Board of Directors, let me state that I do not agree, nor do I believe my fellow school board members agree, with this characterization of our reaction to the district administration's efforts concerning Rosa Parks Elementary School.  I believe the message Chris Carlson was trying to get across is that issues like this are complex , involve many different views and families and therefore take time to get to a resolution that is best for all students.

In fact, I appreciate Dr. Pierce's efforts to ensure that all voices are heard in this situation. I also appreciate that it takes a little time to gather all the information and the public input that is needed to get to the right decision . That is what I expect of Dr. Pierce and I am confident that she will deliver.

Jackie Pendergrass
jpende47@gmail.com

In response to:   http://redmondcity.blogspot.com/2012/09/rosa-park-parents-and-school-board.html

1 comment:

  1. Julie, Rosa Parks ParentSeptember 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM

    I agree that these are complex issues that cannot be resolved overnight. However, the overcrowding issue at Rosa Parks is an issue that has been raised at the district level since shortly after Rosa Parks opened six years ago, when projections told us then that the school would become quickly overcrowded.

    The district has done nothing but spend tax payer dollars on band-aid fixes to this issue. Yes, solving the problem "takes a little time" but I'd say 3+ years is far more than "a little time."

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED