Thursday, November 3, 2011

"Why I'm running for Redmond City Council," By Tom Flynn


Tom Flynn (gold tie) and Hank Margeson (blue tie) at Leadership Eastside event
"Why I'm running for Redmond City Council," By Tom Flynn  (Ref:  Muni-League Questionnaire)

"I moved to Redmond in 1992 and raised my son and daughter here. During my many years in Redmond, I have come to appreciate the city’s parks and green spaces, strong economy, and friendly neighborhoods. I am running for Redmond City Council to help preserve these attributes for future generations. I plan to contribute my community leadership experience in developing and maintaining strong policies for preservation of our streams and waterways, green space, forested areas, and city parks. I am also an advocate of economic development to promote working and high wage jobs, and to help businesses locate and succeed in the city. And I want the city to continue to develop programs that promote improved communication between the city and its many neighborhoods. I hope that this will bring neighbors together, and they will become more familiar with what’s happening in their neighborhoods.

I am also running for office because Ì would like to see Redmond become a place known for its combination of high tech, arts, and culture. As the urban areas in the city develop, I will advocate for functional and attractive buildings and spaces that will be inviting and livable for a variety of residents. I am also supportive of policies and programs that promote sustainable options in transportation, including light rail to downtown Redmond. Light rail will be critical to keeping Redmond connected with the Puget Sound region.  Read More>>

During the leadership development program with Leadership Eastside (LE), I learned about the many challenging issues facing our eastside communities. The program gave me an opportunity to develop my community leadership skills that I expect will prove useful in navigating the complex issues that Redmond will face in the future. In addition to those skills that I developed in LE, I believe that my other community and professional leadership experiences have well prepared me to be an effective member of the city council."
 
--  By Tom Flynn, Pos. #5
Source:  Muni-League of King County, Questionnaire, Question One
Photo:  Facebook:  Tom Flynn for Council 
Website:  TomFlynnForCouncil.com

Election Comment:  I cannot report on Joel Wright's reasons for running for Pos. #5 since he didn't participate in the Muni-League Questionnaire and was non-responsive to email requests.  Redmond Council member Hank Margeson is running unopposed.  B.Y. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED