Wednesday, October 26, 2011

UPDATED ENDORSEMENT: The Stewart - Carson race for Redmond City Council is one to watch.

For an archive of all RNB Election news, stories, and opinions or to comment, please visit this page.

Bob & Pam Yoder
Dear Friends,

UPDATED ENDORSEMENT:   We're less than a week away from the November 8 General Election!  You may have already cast your ballot in the mail; some are waiting to hear the "rest of the story."   If you're undecided about voting at all, I hope some of the election resources and comments you read here will move you to take a moment and vote.

Wouldn't you know it, November is the beginning of the flood season and  it could rain 'cats and dogs' the day you need to mail your ballot!  Find comfort!  A drive-through Ballot Drop Off  Box awaits your vote at Redmond City Hall and other convenient drive-through locations.  Just pop it in the secure, Green metal box - no need for a stamp!  The good news:  Convenience!  Comfort!  Hardly a wait.  (The Boxes close at 8PM, Election night). 

Redmond Neighborhood Blog (RNB) is not endorsing any one candidate this year.  RNB has no Editorial Board, though as a voting Redmond resident I'm expressing my personal opinion on candidates.

Make your voice heard on RNB.  Please send your comments, arguments, passion, and counter-points to RNB for publication (and take courage and mail a copy to the Redmond Reporter for the broader coverage they provide.)  "RNB Facebook Page" is a good stop, too.

Pam and I are personally endorsing most candidates on their campaign websites, including Sue Stewart, Hank Myers, Tom Flynn, Mayor John Marchione, King County Councilmember Jane Hague, Incumbent Port President Bryant and school district candidates Siri Bliesner,  President Jackie Pendergrass, and Christopher Carlson.  I hope my blog will provide a useful resource for your own decisions.   

I'm posting a series of  reports and arguments, pro and con, on the contested local races for Redmond City Council.  (The school and hospital district races are uncontested).  I watch the Council and School Board meetings almost every week and can't wait to share my observations and opinions with you.

The Stewart-Carson race is the most exciting race for me and I will personally focus on it.  My wife and I favor Sue Stewart for Redmond Council Pos.7.  The "Municipal League of King County", the Cascade Bicycle Club, and small business owners like John James of Instant Imprints all like Stewart.

Sue Stewart #7, Tom Flynn #5 and Hank Margeson are rated  "VERY GOOD"  by the non-partisan "Municipal League." Hank Myers and David Carson #7 rate "GOOD."  Joel Wright #5 rates "ADEQUATE."
On August 8, 2011, Mr. Carson wrote
"I did not participate with the Municipal League’s rating interview or their questionnaire this year. I believe them to be less-than-impartial and a complete waste of my time."
Mayor Marchione is trying his hardest to move our blossoming city forward in the right direction.  He needs the support and intelligence of an independent-thinking, balanced council team.  Please help him put it together on November 8th with your vote.

Sincerely,

Bob Yoder
Education Hill Neighborhood
Redmond resident of 30 years

3 comments:

  1. I support whomever will spend LESS taxpayer money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I support Sue Stewart for the Redmond City Council.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This town needs term limits

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED