Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Eastside Timebank holds Potluck and New Member Orientation at Redmond City Hall

"building community one hour at a time"
Bob - I wanted to let your readers know that the Eastside Timebank will be having a potluck and new member orientation, both open to all, on May 12th, at Redmond City Hall.

Potluck is from 6:30-7:30 pm (bring a dish to share)
New member orientation is from 7:30-8:30 p m.
Location:  Bytes Cafe at Redmond City Hall
Details: http://www.eastsidetimebank.org/  

Testimony By Greg Stempson
“I joined the Eastside Timebank so I could meet more members of the community and become involved in helping others. I also enjoy getting something useful in return. My wife and I had a member come by and give us some great pointers on how to better train our dog. I was able to help another member out in return with some windows that needed washing. It was a win-win for all of us.”

“I hope that more people join the Eastside Timebank and take advantage of all of the expertise and services that members of the Kirkland [and Redmond] area offer.”
     
By Cindy Jayne
Project Administrator
cindy@eastsidetimebank.org
(206)818-4606
Kirkland, WA

1 comment:

  1. TB is a fine idea on the face of it. I appreciate the spirit inherent in caring about, sharing with, and supporting one's neighbors and community. What I'm leary of is creating an administrative bureaucracy, even a small one, funded by tax and third-party charitable dollars to foster what should be a voluntary effort among neighbors. I believe it's a given that the current contractors and future executive director will not be compensated in "Time Dollars." FInally, it's questionable that a publicly funded program should endeavor to undercut small businesses, such as oil change shops, landscapers, or home repair contractors.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED