Sunday, February 13, 2011

LETTER: A tribute to the great people in my neighborhood! By Jim Contreras

Thanks for the news, Jim...

LETTER:  Last Wednesday while I was out walking in my neighborhood, I stumbled on uneven pavement and fell face first. Two students (I think from Redmond Jr. High) were walking by and came over to see how I was. I asked them to call my wife, which one did and even included exactly where I was in the neighborhood. A school crossing guard also saw me down and called 911. The aid car came immediately and was already assisting me by the time my wife arrived. They were wonderful - very caring, considerate and patient - to this old senior citizen! So a HUGE RAVE to the students, the crossing guard (from Norman Rockwell Elem) the neighbor whose house I fell in front of, and the emergency medical team who helped me. The neighbor stayed with me and swapped stories about being in the Air Force. This is a tribute to the great people in this Redmond neighborhood. Thank you very much! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to contact the students, so I hope they read this in the Times!  [How about the Redmond Neighborhood Blog, Jim? :]

Jim Contreras
Redmond, WA

Google Images photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED