Wednesday, April 7, 2010

UPDATED: Spicy Talk : stalking the Szechuan chef now in Redmond

Spicy Talk: Stalking the Szechuan chef now in Redmond

.... But early this year Cheng Biao Yang and his wife reappeared, quietly opening Spicy Talk Bistro at 16650 Redmond Way, in a Redmond strip-mall adjacent to Frankie's Pizza & Pasta. There, in addition to many of his signature dishes (plus a handful of Cantonese classics) he was serving -- gulp! -- sushi. That foray into exotic waters didn't last long, Hoang later explained, all but slapping herself upside her head for their momentary lapse of judgment.

A month in, it was out with the new (86 sushi!) and in with the old -- favorites, that is, albeit on a somewhat truncated menu offered every day but Tuesday. Two weeks ago, I got news of their whereabouts. And last week I high-tailed it to Redmond, where I treated myself to food every bit as good as I remember...

Read complete article

Posted by Nancy Leson
Seattle Times

1 comment:

Debra Sinick said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out. My mouth is watering already.