Thursday, September 3, 2009

LETTER - "KirklandViews" publisher writes of Kirkland Council's woes.

LETTER:  Rob Butcher of Kirkland, posted this comment under my Kirkland "sister city" story of 9/3.  .

Bob,

Excellent article. I know that as a citizen of Kirkland, I look to Redmond as our close neighbor from which Kirkland can learn a great deal. Kirkland's neighborhood vs. businesses mentality is what most needs to be remedied in Kirkland. Redmond, as I see it, has a bit more harmony. Our City Council reflects the tensions in our community (1) and it is to the detriment of the region when one city is functioning at such a level. I am certain Redmond is not perfect either, but I do look at Redmond for inspiration and for lessons we can apply in Kirkland. And much of my Redmond information comes from the Redmond Neighborhood Blog.

Thanks for your hard work.

Cheers,
Rob Butcher, Publisher
http://www.kirklandviews.com/
September 3, 2009 8:24 AM

1. Bitter Infighting at the Kirkland City Council; 4-3 vote to investigate sitting council member  B.Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED