Friday, June 12, 2009

Background on Ross Hunter - candidate for King County Executive

FROM ROSS HUNTER HQ, June 12, 2009
" I am a 4-term incumbent in the Washington State House of Representatives, representing the 48th District since 2003. I currently serve as chair of the Finance committee, and have been a member of the powerful Ways and Means committee since I joined the legislature.
While in the legislature I've served on the information Services Board, responsible for managing complex software projects, particularly those that cross jurisdictional boundaries. I've helped save the state millions of dollars and fixed broken projects.
In a previous life I worked at Microsoft for 17 years, winding up as a General Manager responsible for several hundred people and multiple products. I hold patents related to Microsoft Access, a product I worked on for a very long time. I have substantial experience in managing complex projects, most specifically software development projects.
I attended Yale University, graduating in 1983 with a BS in Computer Science.
I serve on the boards of the Bellevue Schools Foundation and Hopelink, the Eastside's largest human service agency. This gives me insight into the human services needs of King County in a way it would be difficult to learn in the legislature. I've previously served the community as leader of a large Cub Scout pack, and as a member of the Cascade District Committee, helping organize the Scouting program on the Eastside. I received a "District Award of Merit" for the time spent on this."
-- Hunter Releases Questionnaires, excerpt
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE June 12, 2009
FOR MORE INFORMATION Cynara Lilly 206.915.7821
Comment: This is for informational purposes only and not to be construed as an endorsement. The candidate pool for King County Executive is large. I am posting background information from other candidates as I receive it. I can say, last year Mr. Hunter responded to a visit from Mr. Cole, Ms. Allen and Mayor Marchione to help secure WSDOT funding for the restoration of Lower Bear Creek. The $10 million restoration will help manage flood hazards and improve habitat for Federally Endangered Chinook salmon. B. Y.
I will post background information on any of those King County Executive Candidates submitting information to redmondblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED