Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Is this the City of Redmond's first blog?

I just discovered the Redmond Library blog and added it to my Blog List. The Library blog started up in early June, 2008 and already posts 93 informative, interesting stories. The blog's tag line is: "Community Outreach initiative of the Redmond Library Board of Trustees." The presence of the City LOGO is telling. I wouldn't be surprised if some Friends of Redmond's Library are participating in this master piece. I see many stories authored by Trustee Lorin Catudio, but others write, too.

The Library blog is informative, aesthetically pleasing and garnished with lots of maps, art, photos and is easy to read. My favorite piece so far is the story about the Marymoor Connector Trail. It has encouraged me to jump on my bicycle and check it out!

Will the City of Redmond post or link this blog to their new website once it's built? I think so. Could the Redmond Library one day be the most broadly distributed blog in the City? Possibly. The Library Board of Trustees meets at 7PM the first Wednesday of every other month. I'm going to stop by one time and say thank you for their wonderful new publication. I hope you read it. You'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for highlighting the Redmond Library blog, Bob. This has been a rewarding experience for the board. More importantly, it continues to be a successful partnering between KCLS and Redmond citizen board members.

    Members of the Redmond Library staff, Debra Westwood (Cluster Manager) and Chris Livingston (Site Manager), have been strong advocates in promoting the blog as an online information resource for the City of Redmond. In this way, the blog complements the library's charter as a resource hub.

    We, on the board, look forward to providing more blog content of interest to the community.

    Regards,
    Lorin Catudio
    Redmond Library Board

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED