Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Winter Yard Waste Pickup and other nagging neighborhood issues


Winter Yard Waste pickup - from John, Redmond neighbor
I've been advocating for more than a year for Redmond to provide 52 week/yr yard waste pickup. Staff is still reluctant to provide it even though it's an additional $.39 cents/month per household. Even though Kirkland/Bellevue/Issaquah provide 52 week/yr yard waste pickup, Redmond is behind the times (primarily an Ives administration hold over). I would encourage you to tell your friends/neighbors/readers to contact Council asap if they want this additional, low-cost service. I'm tired of my yard waster bin overflowing in the winter and I bet your neighbors are too! -- John

Hi John - Good points. I listened to Council last night, too. They say our garbage charges are the lowest of all surrounding cities. I notice the biggest problem is in November when I have pumpkins, loaded gutters and 90% of the leaves have fallen from my huge cherry tree. Service is offered once a week in November but if I miss a week I have to borrow a bin from a neighbor. For those who procrastinate, I can see how December and February is a problem. I think it's more of a convenience issue for most that a budget item. But, leaves that aren't picked up clog street drains and cause problems for the city. (The City ask us to clean them.)
--Bob Yoder, blog author and Ed. Hill neighbor
cc: Councilmember Hank Margeson, Director Bill Campbell

ATTN: blog readers: Any other nagging issues you'd like posted? Send them to Bob Yoder

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED