Friday, November 9, 2007

6/13/07, "Redmond Reporter" Editor, John Huether says goodbye


6/07,"Redmond Reporter" editor, JOHN HEUTHER, 'says goodbye'

With sadness and regret, I learned this week, John Huether, editor of the "Redmond Reporter" will be leaving his desk the end of this week. I stopped by the office to say good-bye.

John's departure has special importance to me since he brought me on as a neophyte columnist back in March of 2007. John saw my blog and he believed in me. He gave me freedom to pick my city-related stories. Mr. Huether is a creative writer with wide-ranging experience and judgement. I gladly shared full reign with John in creating the titles for my columns. It's kind of an art. He wrote all the titles. And, gave me some key writing tips.

During my farewell visit yesterday we talked about his son graduating, the layout of the new office-warehouse, the new editor's background (sports writer, editor, the Valley Journal), and yes, Redmond politics!

John asked me who I was endorsing for in the 2007 elections. I told him I wasn't endorsing anyone owing my policy of keeping the Redmond Neighborhood Blog INDEPENDENT. Personally, I've found it difficult to make "early calls" on candidates because the landscape changes so fast. I probably won't be actively campaigning this year, though I have contributed to all mayoral campaigns.

I asked John for his thoughts. He spoke positively about one particular mayoral candidate, Mr. Marchione. He felt Mr. Marchione "was a good politician" -- saying politics isn't a bad thing ... because good politicians have the ability to bring disparate groups together for a common good. He mentioned Mr. Marchione's support from the Chamber of Commerce and a council majority. As for council candidates, Mr. Huether was enthusiastic about Michallea Schuelke. Michallea filed for Mr. Cole's position and will running against him in the August primary.

John Huether, we'll miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED