Monday, December 14, 2020

Outdoor Eating In Redmond's COVID Economy

I've seen about seven outdoor eating tents (parklets) in the City; and thought I'd have happy hour at the Redmond Bar and Grill (RBG) to see what was inside. The biggest shocker was the TV! The waiter said the indoor restaurant was closed but there were about three of 10 tables available at 3:30pm.  With one side of the tent open, the we felt the ventilation was very good.  The waiter said it was first come first serve for dinner - no reservations.   The two heaters helped.  No traffic noise. In all I felt right at home as grilling on my backyard deck.  The nachos were great. The only problem is the high cost of living in Redmond.  Nachos and two beverages were $35.00 and we tipped over 20%.  My heart goes out to the restaurants surviving in this COVID economy.  Council is sensitive and approved a new ordinance extending the permit and allowing tents, I believe.  -- Bob Yoder, 12/14/2020


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED