|Bob, Lexie and Pam|
With the advent of facebook groups my blog is pivoting to find a new niche, or it may just fade away. I'm using 8 facebook groups to distribute my stories. Starting this New Year I'll still be pasting local news releases but spending more energy on fewer general interest stories and reports. I'm still watching city council meetings on a regular basis and ill be attending their meetings. With the exception of Mr. Myers, Ms. Birney, Mr. Carson, and Mr. Shutz I find council of little interest to our neighborhoods.
I've got some fun and challenging, investigative reports planned for the New Year. They will take quite some time to write and I'm in no rush. A few topics percolating right now are:
1) an historical accounting and report on the development of "Hawks Glenn," the last significant agricultural land remaining in Redmond.
2) a story on recent, inadvertent loss of two magnificent Landmark trees on a small parcel.
3) a report on tree removal procedures from large parcels.
4) a report and opinion on the Chinese nationals impact to our community.
5) a report on access to psychiatric beds at EvergreenHealth and other eastside health facilities. .
6) video reporting of the downtown construction chaos.
7) my opinion of .the city council
Redmond Neighborhood Blog is all fun and good but my family, friends, and outside activities take precedence. That includes finding part-time work of interest, managing my health and of course, hiking Redmond's network of trails!