Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Kinnan W. Williams is running against Rebecca Hirt for EvergreenHealth Commissioner

Kinnan W. Williams is running against Rebecca Hirt for EvergreenHealth Commissioner
"Although I will [would] be new to the Board I am not inexperienced. I represent special purpose districts including the King Fire District 34 which serves the greater Redmond area outside of the City limits. I was also a Commissioner with the Northshore Utility District for 14 years and now serve as its general counsel. Finally, I have served on the Hospitals Charitable Foundation Board for several years and am now Vice Chair of the foundation. The only real downside to getting elected will be that I won’t be able to serve as Chair of the Foundation Board next year. I truly enjoy my work on the Board, especially on the EFAC committee which essentially distributes micro grants to various groups in the hospital to enhance education and patient care. This year we gave out grants from helping develop cooking skills classes for patients with special dietary needs to research on how to better serve new ethic populations in our communities. In the past we have provided special sexual training for nurses, so that victims of sexual assault on the Eastside don’t have to be transported down to Harborview during an already traumatic time and specialized equipment for the Emergency Room to prevent bed sores which is major problem for elderly patients.  It should be noted that the funds for this entire program ($50,000) came from hospital employee donations. By the way it was my proposal a few years ago to increase the distribution levels from a maximum of $2,500 per project to $5,000 per project and from an aggregate of $25,000 to $50,000. I am proud of the Board for increasing these amounts and more proud of the employees for continuing to fund these projects.
 
We should really be proud of the hospital it is doing a fine job, but the community is changing and we need to be dynamic which is why I am running."
 
By Kinnan W. Williams 

No comments: