Friday, November 9, 2007

2/14/07, My "Citizen Watch" column listings


WELCOME TO THE BLOG! I hope you enjoy Redmond's independent, alternative news and come back often. I update the site weekly with new entries so bookmark now at http://redmondblog.org. Your comments are welcome too so don't be shy! :)

I am an Education Hill citizen volunteer & activist & 27-year resident of Redmond, WA. I've lived on Education Hill for 21 years and a Lake Sammamish condo for 6 years. Illegal Public Notice errors and omissions at the 2004 "Perrigo Heights" land-use project triggered my community activism.

The "Redmond Reporter" can be picked up for free at the: post office, city hall, library, and The Old Redmond School House -- deliveries are Wednesday and Saturday.

An index of my Redmond Reporter columns are below:

1) 2/14/07 - "Redmond residents deserve better land-use notification"

2) 2/28/07 - "Attention, candidates: Can you solve these six traffic problems?"

3) 3/14/07 - "Speak up now if you want to help preserve Perrigo Heights"

4) 3/9/07 - "Will City Council blow chance to put density where it belongs? ( yes , 5-2)

5) 4/11/07 - "Here's why streams need us to speak up in their defense" (Kempin Property)

6) 4/25/07 - "Gateways are the public 'face' Redmond shows to the world."

7) 5/9/07 - "Springtime in our parks mixes renewal with a sense of loss."

8) 5/23/07 - "Living with Tent City: Some success amid a lot of stress."

9) 6/6/07 - "Riparian Habitat means clean water for Redmond"

10) 6/20/07 - Shocking loss of Perrigo Heights affects many in our community"

11) 7/11/07 - "We face a water supply challenge"

CITIZEN WATCH COLUMN DISCONTINUED JUST BEFORE THE PRIMARY AFTER THE NEW EDITOR RECIEVED AN "ADVISORY" FROM THE MAYOR & COMM. OFFICER.

The new Redmond Reporter CITIZEN WATCH column is tentatively scheduled every 2-weeks though, this is subject to change. http://www.redmond-reporter.com/

The City of Redmond Neighborhood B L O G :) is an independent, non-profit reporting and opinion service offering alternatives to traditional newspaper journalism. Much of my material originates from close scrutiny of Council, Planning Commission, and Arts Commission televised meetings. A goal is to provide a catalyst for change & transparency within the Redmond government to encourage citizen & neighborhood participation. "Together we make Redmond better"

The Redmond Neighborhood BLOG:) is different from my new Redmond Reporter CITY WATCH column in that I write on any subject I choose without restrictions, advice or edits to length and content. CITIZEN WATCH is focused mostly on City Hall and neighborhood issues connected in some way to Council. I welcome feedback, advice, and information from my neighbors & friends before writing columns.

This blog has unlimited latitude and will address any issue I feel relevant to the progress of our city and neighborhoods; and for entertainment value. The Neighborhood Blog policy on elections is not to endorse candidates.

What I say in my blog or column may be dated, misleading, inaccurate, of flat-out wrong. My errors & omissions are not intentional. I will not give a friend, neighbor or commissioner's name without their prior approval; I try quote as close to the sources as is possible and ethical.

Thank you for your readership both "here and there" and thanks for sharing!

Bob Yoder

425-802-2523

redmondblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED