Friday, September 19, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
He said he had to risk his life by breaking up fight where he encountered at-risk youth using brass knuckles fighting a man. When he reported the incident to the City of Redmond the only response he got was from officer Bret Cambell but he said the city came up with no answers.
He acknowledged Redmond Police Chief Ron Gibson's earlier concerns from his first presentation to Council but the Park remains susceptible "to tragedies that can be prevented." A council member also responded to his earlier presentation.
Mr. Wallman said he would continue to address his concerns about safety within the Redmond Skate Park if nothing is done. He left a paper for the record that addresses how other cities around the country address safety at similar parks.
Monday, September 15, 2014
Tyler was one of the top 12 auto theft suspects wanted by the Major Crimes Task Force. He was taken into custody by Redmond’s Pro-Act Unit on University Way NE after exiting a nearby apartment building. The Pro-Act Unit specializes in investigating auto theft and related crimes, such as vehicle prowls, possession of stolen property, burglary, identity theft and fraud, as well as violations of the uniform controlled substance act.
Tyler was known for breaking into garages and stealing Subaru motorcycles in the Snohomish County and Seattle areas. King County issued a Felony Warrant for his arrest for Theft of Motor Vehicle on July 14, 2014.
Saturday, September 13, 2014
- The costs of NOT providing care.
- Changing language in the Involuntary Treatment Act.
- Funding for housing for homeless/mentally ill.
- Funding for more psychiatric beds/psychiatric units.
- Assisted Outpatient Treatment programs and facilities.
- Alternatives to incarceration for people living with a mental illness and have broken the law.
- Others - - - - -
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
The park covers about 2-acres of forested property and riders can easily spend a few hours riding the various trails that include the following features:
· "Easy A" Beginner Jump Line - 8 table top & 3 roller jumps with an average 4 foot height and several berm turns.
· "Shredmond" Intermediate Jump Line - 9 table top & 1 roller jump with an average 6 foot height.
· "A-Line South" Advanced Line - 5 table top, 1 roller jump, 1 1/4 pipe jump with an average 6 foot height.
· "Can't Stop, Won't Stop" Pump Track - 350 feet long, 13 rollers with an average 2.5 foot height and 7 berm turns.
· "Walk it Off" Skills Loop - 200 feet long, 6 log rides and 16 berm turns.
· "Outer Space" Perimeter Loop Trail - pedestrian and bike trail around three sides of the park that bi-passes the jump trails.
A special THANK YOU to all the volunteers that dedicated many of their weekends this summer to help build the bike trails – a 176 in total putting in 1,670 hours! On average, each volunteer committed 7.5 hours of their time – a day's worth of work! And boy did they work! These bike enthusiasts performed hard labor by clearing the trails of vegetation and shaping the soil into large jumps. Using hand tools, rakes, shovels, and tampers to pack the soil; this was a very physical and difficult assignment.
If you're interested in volunteering as a "Trail Steward" to help with ongoing trail maintenance, please sign up at www.redmond.gov/bikepark to register as a volunteer. For additional questions please contact David Shaw, project manager, at 425-556-2378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Office of Communications |
Anne Marie Peacock
Friday, September 5, 2014
Sponsors of the program, now entering its 17th year, include Friends of the Cedar River Watershed, Seattle Aquarium, Seattle Public Utilities, King County Flood Control District, City of Renton, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the WRIA8 Salmon Recovery Council.
Contact Dani Kendall at 206.792-5851 or at email@example.com to sign up. Training starts September 11, 2014. For more info or to complete the volunteer application, visit www.cedarriver.org/salmon-
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Friday, August 29, 2014
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Monday, August 25, 2014
Sunday, August 24, 2014
10-11:30 Dirt Jump Skills Workshop
11:30-12 Site Tour
12-1:00 Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with the Mayor/Volunteer Awards/BBQ
1-2:00 Jump Jam
The BMX bike park includes the following jump tracks: beginning, intermediate, advanced, skills track, and pump track. Parking is available at Hartman Park at the corner of NE 104th Street and 171 Ave NE.
Friday, August 22, 2014
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Monday, August 11, 2014
Friday, August 8, 2014
Thursday, August 7, 2014
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
Monday, August 4, 2014