Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Redmond Lacrosse Club hires Rob Eidson, new Program Director





Coach Rob is the perfect agent for transforming our club culture--something our new Board has been working on for a year.  President Rob Leavitt

Rob Eidson, Program Director
The Redmond Lacrosse Club is excited to announce the hiring of Rob Eidson as our new Program Director. Formerly of the Bellevue Boys Lacrosse Club, Coach Rob steps in to a critical role for RLC—he will be in charge of defining our coaching program and philosophy, recruiting and managing coaching staff at youth levels (K2, 3/4, 5/6, and 7/8), as well as assuming the role of Head Coach of the varsity team.
Coach Rob is originally from the Philadelphia area, playing varsity lacrosse at West Chester East Senior High School. In college he played for Mary Washington in the National College Lacrosse League (NCLL) and was team captain; led the team in scoring and was named to the NCLL National All-Star Team. And before moving to Washington, Coach Rob coached varsity lacrosse in Northern Virginia’s 4A Public HS league.
Here's his recent record by the numbers:
  • 41-4 overall JV record at Bellevue
  • 14-0 for the 2016 season
  • 6-0 record against D1 and D2 varsity opponents
  • 3 seasons as the Head Junior Varsity coach at Bellevue High School
  • 3 D1 State Championship games
  • 2 championship titles (2014 and 2016)
  • 2 Summer Solstice Championships

Coach Rob was also plugged into the youth program over the past several seasons as the Assistant Program Director for Youth, and coaching the 5/6 summer teams. Most recently, he took the Bellevue Blue 5/6 team to victory in the Washington Gold Cup.

Coach Rob moved to the Pacific Northwest three years ago with his family--Erin, his wife, and three sons; Hunter (4), Colin (3) and Cameron (9 months)--and he works at Microsoft.

Here is Coach Rob’s vision and goals for the Program, in his own words: Read More >>

I am very excited about the opportunity to join this lacrosse club and community, and would like to share a few thoughts with all of you to better understand me and the vision I have for the club.
As a leader, I believe in stressing four key principles. Those principles are Dedication, Teamwork, Management of Details, and taking pride in being a Role Model. I typically refer to this Role Model concept as being the “Gold Standard”. I would like to leverage these four principles moving forward in everything we do, both on and off the field, as an organization.

I believe that without dedication and commitment, we simply will have goals with no effort to achieve them. You will come to find that I put a lot of effort in applying what is called individualized consideration. I want to build relationships with my players and help them achieve their goals. I will look to challenge them in a positive way to achieve their individual and our collective potential as a team. Simply put, they are not on my team to achieve my goals, rather we are one team and I am here to help them achieve theirs. To be clear, I coach because I love this game and I love helping young men achieve their goals and build character in the process.

Teamwork is essential to every successful team and organization. I will look to every player, coach, board member and family member to help make our bonds of teamwork as strong as possible. I am a selfless person and believe that collective success sometimes comes with individual sacrifice. I will look to teach life lessons whenever appropriate and the understanding of what it means to be a good teammate is paramount to me.

I believe that the difference between good and great is management of the details. I will stress this culture with the players and coaches. There are no shortcuts to success. How we practice, how we play, how we carry ourselves on and off the field, how we put equipment on, etc. Every detail matters.

Lastly, there is a concept I firmly believe in called Idealized Influence. I coin the phrase “Gold Standard”. Everything we do on and off the field reflects who we are as an organization and we will take pride in being a role model organization that other clubs will look to in order to benchmark themselves and our alumni will be proud of. All of this does not happen without effort, or will happen overnight, but everything you will see me do moving forward will be grounded in these principles. Change management, especially when it comes to culture is not easy. I want to be respectful of tribal knowledge and help bring everyone along for this journey at the right pace. I will make great efforts to be an open and transparent communicator with everyone as we continue to evolve and grow together as a team and family.

We have a lot of work to do and I am excited about the journey ahead. I believe we have enormous potential and I look forward to getting to know all of your families and the players and helping to build something special here in Redmond. I will be announcing my summer and fall off-season plans at the June 15th banquet, and following via email and Facebook for the entire club.

Go Mustangs!

Coach Rob
Redmond Lacrosse Club FaceBook Group


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED