Thursday, October 1, 2015

Eric Lalibrete: "Why I'm Running for the LWSD school board"


As a member of the LWSD Facilities Task Force, which is responsible for developing a plan for future school construction and optimizing the use of existing buildings, I have learned the importance of engaging stakeholders, and that community-generated planning is more effective than decisions made at the top without consultation.
I want to serve on the Lake Washington School Board to continue fighting for more community engagement and innovative approaches to education.  
As a member of the School Board, I will work collaboratively with teachers and the community to make sure our students are prepared for tomorrow’s jobs and can tackle tomorrow’s problems.  I will take three immediate, practical steps to address school design and ensure our children’s learning is not outdated:
(1) Implement cost-effective design policies to improve education and prevent future capacity problems.
(2) Increase opportunities for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics programs needed to train for jobs of the future.
(3) Improve technology support for teachers, giving them new digital tools for students to practice problem solving and collaboration skills within a real world context.
I have the background and enthusiasm to provide new leadership our District needs.  I appreciate your vote!

Biography

My wife and I are life-long Eastside residents, currently residing in the Juanita neighborhood of Kirkland.  
After graduating from the area's public schools, I attended the University of Washington School of Law and earned a J.D., M.B.A and Bachelors in Economics.  I am now an attorney at the Seattle law firm of Keller Rohrback L.L.P, practicing commercial and real estate litigation.
I am also committed to public service.  I am the Chair of the Kirkland Planning Commission.  And I also serve on the Lake Washington School District's Long Term Facilities Planning Task Force and Working Subcommittee.
I am passionate about education and believe that I have the private sector and community service experience needed to address the District's challenges and to plan for the future.

Website:  http://www.voteeric.org/
Eric Lalibrete is challenging President Jackie Pendergrass

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED