Thursday, September 17, 2015

OPINION: Vision of the next mayor is essential for setting the direction of the city

OPINION:   I disagree with your assessment of the mayor. I do not think he is perfect, but no one is. I like the vision that the current mayor had for the city and I still think that is the right direction, but it's been a long time since he has articulated it and I'm hoping this election season will spur him to refine and reinform us of where he thinks the city should be headed.

Redmond is an integral part of a large urban core, but it is not Seattle, Bellevue, or Sammamish. I have not found statements from Mr. Fields delineating the future he envisions for the city nor the solutions he proposes for how the city should meet growth requirements or other regulations imposed by federal, state, county, or region. That he advocates listening to the residents is all well and good, but populism is not leadership. Whoever is the next mayor will be setting the direction for city development 5-10 years from now, so vision is essential.


Lynda Feng
Facebook Group "Education Hill in Redmond"   

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE - COMMENTS ARE MODERATED